Ecotech Marine MP10WQD Quite Drive Circulation Pump
New from Ecotech Marine - QuietDrive MP10wQD Circulation Pump
Ecotech Marine is bringing the cutting edge of technical innovation to the award winning VorTech pump line with the introduction of the MP10wQD. QuietDrive represents the next evolution of the award winning VorTech Driver.
- All new driver included with the VorTech MP10, MP40 and MP60
- 6+ Available continuous operational modes
- Wave Auto Tune, Feed Mode & Night Mode
- 90% Less Motor Noise*
- Up to 40$ more output*
- Communicates with existing WWD and "W" EcoSmart Pumps
- Fully compatible with EcoSmart Live via ReefLink
- Available as an upgrade for WWD and EcoSmart Drivers
*MP10 QuietDrive compared to MP10wES
Flow: 1,500+ gph (6,000+ lph)
Power Consumption: 8 to 18 Watts
Tank Range: 2.5-50+ gallons (9.5-190 Liters)
Max Glass Thickness: 0.375 inches (9.5 mm)
To compliment the all new QD driver the MP10 has been completely re-designed.
- 90% Less Motor Noise
- 40% More Output
- Sleek aesthetics
- Dual bearing wetside
- Increased efficiency
- Compatible with Wireless EcoSmart VorTechs
- Compatible with ReefLink and EcoSmart Live
In an aquarium, having the right amount of flow is crucial to the health of the ecosystem. With VorTech QuietDrive choosing the correct water circulation equipment has never been easier.
VorTech pumps are designed by aquarists to be the gold standard in providing flow in marine aquariums. When it comes to broad yet gentle flow, the VorTech design is unmatched:
- Create massive water movement
- No Livestock damaging "hot spots"
- Natural Gyre
- Three dimensional flow patterns
- Comprehensive flow options
- Precise water movement control
The VorTech is no less amazing today than when it first revolutionized the aquarium hobby. Three generations of pumps, over a decade of flow production, and tens of thousands of healthy aquariums are a testament to this uniquely designed powerhead. At the heart of the VorTech's success is its unique, patented, magnetically coupled design.
- No distractions from the beauty of the tank and its inhabitants
- No Wires in the aquarium
- No unwanted heat added to the water column
- No risk of electrical discharge harming people or marine life
- No hassle when it comes to installing, relocating or cleaning the power head
QuietDrive builds on the unique advantages of the VorTech's magnetically coupled design and takes it to the next level. The revolutionary new drive system boasts increased efficiency and signifcantly reduced motor noise.
First, VorTech took the pump motor out of the aquarium, now QuietDrive takes the moise out of the motor.
On its own every VorTech pump can do amazing things, connect them to EcoSmart Live via ReefLink and the possibilities are endless.
- Include any number of VorTech wQD pumps in an EcoSmart profile
- Create custom pump programs with easy to use drag and drop functionality
- Control and program one or many VorTech pumps using a smart drive
- Create pump programs that vary modes over a 24 hour period
- Seamlessly integrate VorTech pumps with other EcoTech equipment including Radion LED fixtures
- Save, export and import pump programs to backup or share with the community
- Use the pump layout wizard to create a graphical representation of an aquarium
- Compatible with Mac, PC, iOS and Android platforms
For existing EcoSmart VorTech owners, QuietDrive and the newly designed MP10 allow for varying upgrade opportunities ranging from driver upgrades on all VorTechs to some or multiple component upgrades on the MP10wES.
Mp10wES to MP10wQD
The MP1-WQD and MP10QD benefit from greatly reduced noise and more output as a result of the new QuietDrive driver. The motor, wet side and power supply on the MP10QD remain unchanged. Upgrading an existing MP10ES with a QuietDrive driver provides access to all of the improved performance.
For more information regarding available upgrade parts, please reference the pdf on the manual tab.
Lagoonal Random Mode simulates a low-energy lagoon environment. The speed of the pump is changed slowly to recreate the gentle currents of a lagoon.
Reef Crest Mode:
Reef Crest Random Mode simulates a high-energy reef environment. The pump will change speed frequently and drastically to simulate crashing waves and surging tide. This is a favorite of SPS coral.
Gyre Mode creates a flow pattern consisting of uniform clockwise and counterclockwise flow levels pulsing at a selected interval between two seconds and two hours.
Short Pulse Mode:
Short Pulse Mode creates a flow pattern consisting of uniform high and low flow levels pulsing at a selected interval between 0.2 seconds and two seconds.
Tidal Swell Mode:
Tidal Swell Mode(TSM) creates a harmonic balance reminiscent of the changing flow conditions found in nature. Over the course of several hours, the flow pattern will go from very chaotic to calm, followed by a detritus-clearing surge at the very end of the cycle. The flow direction will change direction every cycle.
Nutrient Transport Mode:
Nutrient Transport Mode (NTM) creates circulation in a two-phase program. The first phase uses wave motion to stir up detritus. The second phase follows with a surging motion to move the detritus into the overflow and out of the aquarium. This mode promotes maximum health, nutrient export and increased growth for sensitie corals such as SPS.
At the touch of a button all VorTech wirelessly enabled pumps will temporarily pause their current mode and idle allowing food to be added to the tank without being cycled into the overflow and filtration.
Pumps can be enabled to run a gentler night time program simulating calmer ocean conditions for night time hours.
Wave Auto Tune:
Create a standing wave in your aquarium and demonstrate the true power of the fully operational VorTech QuietDrive control system.
All "w" denominated VorTech pumps come with an RF module installed. The RF module will allow up to 8 "w" pumps of any type to work together in sync, anti-sync or coordinated modes. (Requires multiple "w" VorTech Pumps)
ESL via Mobile Device:
All "w" denominated VorTech pumps are compatible with ReefLink. ReefLink provides completely wireless access to the world of EcoSmart Live, the web-based aquarium command center from Ecotech Marine. (Requires ReefLink and internet connection.
Batttery Backup Mode:
Blizzard. Hurricane. A motorist hits a utility pole. Stuff happens. The power goes out... VorTech pumps are compatible with the Ecotech Battery Backup accessory. (Requires Battery Backup.)